SCA 4.1 Profiles
With SCA 4.1, implementers can tailor the SCA set of features to better match their radio requirements. As such, three profiles have been defined:
- SCA Lightweight Profile
- Best suited for radio platforms where the hardware modules have a static configuration.
- Provides a minimum set of functionality which is applicable for resource (e.g. SWAP) constrained platforms.
- SCA Medium Profile
- Suited for radio platforms with plug-and-play but not removable hardware modules.
- Still rather lightweight but it introduces a configurable, dynamic aspect.
- The most flexible platform in that it provides the lightest weight implementation that supports the legacy SCA deployment model.
- SCA Full Profile
- Suited for radio platforms with removable, plug-and-play hardware modules.
- Provides the full breadth of SCA deployment and management capabilities
- Aligned to support prime power, multi-channel sets